Tuesday, January 31, 2012

BOOKS – game of thrones

I have no time, absolutely no time, so engrossed am I in George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones.
Most of you will have seen the TV series on HBO and maybe, as I did, you liked it so much that, on the nights it was broadcasted, you stayed home. A new episode is on its way, wow, can't wait.
But when I recently came across the book I immediately bought it… what's more, I also bought the other books in the saga A Song of Ice and Fire, that is: Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords 1 and 2, and A Feast for Crows. Already available, but I haven't found it yet in the local bookshops is book number five, A Dance with Dragons. And I believe a sixth book is in the making.
So you can see that I have absolutely no time for anything but reading. And as each book contains around 800 pages this condition is likely to continue for quite a while.
So I tear myself away from the Games… to strongly recommend the books. Historical fiction at its best, a feast of fantasy and highly realistic. And very well written. Go and buy them,  the titles above are linked to get you straight to Amazon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment