Saturday, September 24, 2011

a day in the life of... STARTING

Never done this before and  feel a bit awkward. Talking to a blank wall, no nods or moving eyebrows, no visible reaction to my words... Still, let's continue. I made a quick trip to the big supermarket. Had to take the car as it is a bit far, definitely not walking distance. I needed a new casserole as the one I have is losing its no-stick coating, I think it is a no-stick layer inside the pan, but it might well be not more than a coat of black paint. Whatever, it's coming off, getting seethrough so to speak, and I'm worried that whatever the coating, it will not add healthy nutrients to my meals.
So, off to the shop to get my new casserole. I had seen it there before, 24 cm, stainless steel with a three-layer sandwich capsule bottom for great thermal dispersion. I copied that from the box it came in, but it is one very heavy dish with a very heavy lid.
I am gradually replacing my cookware--most of them teflon coated--with stainless steel, as however careful one is, and I am handling my kitchen utensils very carefully, the coating is bound to get scratched and nano pieces of it end up in one's food. I'm not going  to tell you the name of the supermarket or the brand of the casserole as availability in my part of the world (Jakarta, Indonesia) will be different from yours, but similar pots and pans can be obtained from the Amazon Home & Kitchen department.
Enjoy your day, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment